An enriching, engaging and rigorous curriculum designed to cater for the interests and talents of all our students.
A mixed with National and Cambridge curriculum that equip students with values and provides opportunities to develop sound judgment, while preparing them for the changing demands of life in the 21st century. Designed to foster students’ independence and responsibility and to encourage creativity, cooperation, and compassion.
Students follow a prescribed curriculum emphasizing analytical and critical thinking, working both independently and collaboratively and taking a disciplined approach to studying. They develop an ability to apply what they know and support their ideas through speaking and writing, in all subject areas
In 2015, Kallista School became an authorized Cambridge International Centre (CIE). The CIE is the world’s largest provider of international qualifications for 14-19 year olds. The CIE authorization allows Kallista School to offer the Cambridge Lower Secondary to grade 7-8 Students.
In 2016, we will plan to develop Cambridge International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) to Grade 9 & 10 students. This means our students will have the opportunity to gain a qualification with international standard and recognized by universities, education providers and employers across the globe.
IGCSE at Kallista offers a flexible course of study giving students the freedom to choose subjects that are right for them while at the same time providing them with a broad knowledge base and lifelong skills. Subjects are studied in the English medium over the core areas of language, mathematics, science, social studies and the Arts.
Key Features of the IGCSE Programme at Kallista School:
• A two-year programme for Year 9 and 10 students
• Provides an ideal foundation for higher-level courses such as AS and A Level
• Worldwide recognition
• Offers syllabi that reflect local economies and cultures within a global context, ensuring that students gain a wide perspective while recognizing and valuing their own environment.
• Develops key learning, problem solving, and investigative skills by encouraging an active, critical, and questioning approach to study.
• Ensures a broad-based education, while providing a degree of choice
IGCSE subjects offered at Kallista School:
• Languages – English (EFL)
• Co-ordinates Sciences*: Biology, Chemistry, Physics
• Social Sciences & Humanities*: Economics, Geography, Business Studies
*Students select one group of Science or social Programme.
*School also offer National Examination for grade 9&12.
• LEARNING SKILLS
• CRITICAL THINKING
• PROBLEM SOLVING CAMBRIDGE STUDENTS BECOME INDEPENDENT LEARNERS