WELCOME TO KALLISTA'S SECONDARY SCHOOL (SLTP)
Kallista Secondary School (SLTP) is a comfortable place for children to learn through exploration, while instruction becomes increasingly more structured as each child develops and matures. One of our major goals is for children to find joy in learning while developing specific skills, applying concepts, and exploring ideas.
Continuing a philosophy of developmentally appropriate teaching, the program emphasizes the development of language, writing, and arithmetic skills, while integrating science, social studies and health.
We help children to:
- develop a positive view of themselves, their classmates and the educational experience
- develop their natural curiosity and creative expression through art, music and etc.
- appreciate diversity in others
- learn to make responsible decisions and develop good character
In addition to learning core academic subjects, children need to grow in other areas that are equally important in the development of a well-rounded individual. Teachers who have been specially trained in their subject area provide an enriching experience to all children through a curriculum that includes regularly scheduled classes in computers, art, music, physical education, and etc.
Classroom activities in a rich environment are supplemented by a variety of additional experiences that may include
• library activities
• extracurricular opportunities, such as: Basketball, Football, and etc.